Role of Parents
How can you make your child’s stay at Chaitanya a satisfying experience for all of us ?
(Note : For convenience we will refer to the child as he / his, but indicates she / her as well)
- Take a co-operative and constructive stand in all your dealings with the School. Do not criticize the school or teachers in the child’s hearing. The negative impact of this is more than you can imagine.
- Be in constant touch with his teachers. But don’t harass them with petty demands.
- Quality time is important. Be available to encourage your child.
- Make sure that he sits down to do his school work at fixed times in the day, but please don’t do his homework for him.
- A table or desk with good lighting and a shelf to keep his school supplies, such as notebooks and pencils etc will keep him more organized.
- Plan for the next day. Help him organize his uniforms, books and homework the night before, so that mornings are not rushed.
- Punctuality: Make sure that your child reaches the school at the stipulated time.
- It is important that the child goes to bed at a reasonable hour and wakes up early enough to take some nourishment and reach school at the correct time.
- TV must not disrupt a child’s daily routine. Be selective about suitable programmes for your child.
- In joint families grandparents are requested to support the parents in bringing up the grand-children. Do not give the child conflicting instructions and confuse him. Let the parents bring up their child.
- Make sure that healthy meals are served on time. Maximum brain development takes place in the first five years, so this is the time for you to make sure that your child has a balanced diet to ensure physical and mental growth.
- Birthdays are special and can be celebrated with the class. But if you wish to distribute gifts (staitionery items) worth Rs. 10/- maximum can be sent for his/her friends at Chaitanya. NO TOFFEES / CHOCOLATES PLEASE. You are welcome to have other celebrations at your own house.
- Please share all relevant information and changes at home with the teacher. This will enable us to help your child if we observe any changes in behaviour.
- Please pay special attention to the following :
- 1. Arrival of a new baby.
- 2. Absent parents.
- 3. Illness or death in the family.
- Pl. ensure that your child DOES NOT BRING A MOBILE PHONE to school. If he / she is found with one it will be confiscated.
- It is a crime to drive vehicle without a valid DRIVING LICENCE. Pl. ensure that your ward does not come to school by a two / four wheeler without a VALID DRIVING LICENCE.
We are proud of the family atmosphere that prevails at Chaitanya and we look forward to a cooperative effort in bringing out the best in your child.
Ms E Koshy