How can you make your childís stay at Chaitanya a
satisfying experience for all of us?
(For the sake
of convenience we will refer to the child as he/his,
but indicates she/her as well)
- Take a co-operative and constructive stand
in all your dealings with the School. Do not
criticize the school or teachers in the childís
hearing. The negative impact of this is more
than you can imagine.
- Be in constant touch with his teachers. But
donít harass them with petty demands.
- Quality time is important. Be available to
encourage your child.
- Make sure that he sits down to his school
work at fixed times in the day, but please donít
do his homework for him.
- A table or desk with good lighting and a
shelf to keep his school supplies, such as
notebooks and pencils etc will keep him more
- Plan for the next day. Help him organize his
uniforms, books and homework the night before,
so that mornings are not rushed.
Punctuality: Make sure that your child reaches
the school at the stipulated time. If a 3 year
old is late for school, only the parent can be
blamed for not organizing time better.
- It is important that the child goes to bed
at a reasonable hour and wakes up early enough
to take some nourishment and reach school at the
- TV must not disrupt a childís daily
routines. Be selective about suitable programmes
for your child.
- In joint families grandparents are requested
to support the parents in bringing up the
grand-children. Do not give the child
conflicting instructions and confuse him. Let
the parents bring up their child.
- Make sure that healthy meals are served on
time. The maximum brain development takes place
in the first five years, so this is the time for
you to ensure that your child has a balanced
diet to ensure physical and mental growth.
- Birthdays are special and can be celebrated
with the class. But please send only simple
toffees or chocolates for his friends and
teachers at Chaitanya. You are welcome to have
other celebrations at your own house.
share all relevant information and changes at
home with the teacher. This will enable us to
help your child if we observe any changes in
pay special attention to the following :
- Arrival of a new baby.
- Absent parents.
- Illness or death in the family.
We are proud of the family atmosphere that
prevails at Chaitanya and we look forward to a
cooperative effort in bringing out the best in your