Graphic Organizers- Turning Information into Knowledge
In a world full of information the one who organizes it
better becomes the winner.
What- Workshop on Graphic
Organizers (GOs)- Turning Information into Knowledge
When - 20th July 2016
Where- Chaitanya School Gandhinagar, Lekawada Campus
Why - To facilitate effective teaching - learning by
systematic organization of information
Who - Ms Shubha Koshy
- Educationist, teacher-trainer, leader, head of
department and IB Coach Mentor for the International
Baccalaureate Organization (IBO).
- Internationally accredited Teacher- trainer- ESF,
IBO, Hong Kong
- Explained the importance by drawing an analogy
between an organised room and an organised mind .
- Demonstrated scientific facts that the Human
Brain functions better when information is organised
and properly mapped.
- GOs help in retaining and recalling information
for a long time.
- Studying should have a purpose - Link it to your
- Use of colours helps the Human brain retain &
recall for long.
- There are various categories of GOs to choose
- Show the Whole and start teaching Part by Part.
- Use of 'Wh' questions helps create great GOs.
- Effective Note taking - Record, Reduce, Recite,
- CBSE Examination- Prepare according to the
pattern of command questions - What, Why, Who, When,
Where & How.