FROM THE DIRECTOR'S DESK
Secretary, Sree Vidya Niketan Trust
Hon Director, Chaitanya School, Gandhinagar
CHAITANYA’S TRYST WITH DESTINY
“The achievement we celebrate today is but a step, an opening of opportunity, to the greater triumphs and achievements that await us?
- 2013 ?One more year has been notched up in the growth trajectory of Chaitanya. We are proud to announce that the school has been granted affiliation to the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE Code No 430193). We are well on our way to making Chaitanya the best school for children in Gujarat with continuous and comprehensive education under one roof from Nursery to Class XII. This requires the collaborative effort of parents, teachers and the sustained support of the Sree Vidya Niketan Trust (SVNT).
- We continue to subscribe to the Mission and Vision that prompted the SVNT to set up Chaitanya in 2003 as a symbol of Awareness, Vitality of Life and Knowledge. The Trustees have come together to build and sustain an institute of excellence at an affordable price for the citizens of Gandhinagar. This is our way of Giving Back to Society with an Attitude of Gratitude. We hope to inculcate these same values in the students who pass out of our portals in the years to come, so that they can recognize the Joy of Giving in their lives. We aspire to make every Chaitanyan a fine human being who will make the world a better place to live in ?in whatever way they can.
- We recognize that English is the global language of communication today. At Chaitanya absence of English literacy of parents at home is never allowed to affect academic performance in the classroom. The student is helped by a differentiated teaching and sensitivity to the familial background. The ultimate aim is to create an “inclusive?atmosphere in the class room where all such differences are either erased or drastically minimised. In the mad rush to become proficient in English, we don’t believe in paying lip-service to our glorious heritage. Traditions and culture are kept alive without justifying prejudice or intolerance.
- At the end of the day, the growth of Chaitanya is up to us – Parents and The Sree Vidya Niketan Trust. It means every individual’s commitment to a group effort, to civil society ?in terms of money and cooperation to make a school work, a society work, and a civilization work.
- It will be in the interests of all concerned, especially the citizens of Gandhinagar to see that more and more children participate and benefit from a Chaitanya education.
- This will ensure healthy competition, and will again create a peer group for your child of which he or she can be proud because they share the same values.
- We believe with Nelson Mandela that “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world?
- As Director of Chaitanya, and along with other members of the School Management and the SVNT, I am confident that Chaitanya is a positive force in Gandhinagar. We recognize the duality of continuity and change in the process of institution building, but we reassure you that our core values will be preserved. It is our mission to see that Chaitanya will always be child-centric and the children passing out of its portals as young adults will be do us all proud.